Open AI or Human?
By: Mary Ann Bautista
It seems that nearly every time I turn on the radio or TV, open a news app or listen to one of my favorite podcasts, I’m hearing a story about how Open AI is going to take over the world and change life as we know it.
It’s all the buzz and all anyone can seem to talk about! But what is it exactly? Here is Zdnet’s answer:
“ChatGPT (the current leading tradename for Open AI) is a natural language processing tool driven by AI technology that allows you to have human-like conversations and much more with a chatbot. The language model can answer questions, and assist you with tasks such as composing emails, essays, and code.”
So how will Open AI affect our marketing industry? Here are some ideas on that:
· Write copy and create written content and titles
· Perform keyword research and analysis
· Develop content strategies
· Performance analytics reporting
Basically, anything that you google now and search through pages and pages of search returns to compile research on, can be done by Open AI…and a lot faster!
But the question is, is it really a good idea to fire you humans and rely on Open AI? The answer is a resounding NO!
· The tech is young and makes mistakes!
· The tech currently only utilizes online data through 2021 and therefore does not have more recent information
· You have no way of knowing where the source material is for the responses. It could be like a researcher quoting statistics from the Enquirer vs the New York Times
· Slows and stunts your own learning and knowledge base
· Plagiary? Are you really comfortable putting your name to an article, blog post, report or other that you did not personally write?
So, we recommend the industry move forward cautiously. At this point, it’s an early-stage fascination. We are playing with it, having fun and allowing it to evolve and inform our next steps.
We are not handing over the keys, or anyone’s head….not yet anyway!