Check back periodically for job openings
BDM Account Executive
We are a boutique Advertising and Media Agency specializing in Direct Marketing located in the SF bay area. The agency was built on the back of direct response radio and has expanded to meet our client’s needs into podcasts, audio streaming, TV, video programs as well as social media influencer programs. We strive to creatively provide solutions in messaging, offers,creative and media, while managing to their direct response KPIs.
Our culture is casual and comfortable;however, we are highly professional and always communicate respectfully. We are strong, kind and calm, but no patsy!
We are lean and mean and very good at customer care! We have been in business 21 years, founded and run by veteran direct marketing expert Mary Ann Bautista. You will work side by side with her to handle client projects and on-going campaigns. And ultimately you will take on solo accounts and gain increasing independence.
Amid-levelAdvertising Account Executive that makes things happen. You are a direct link between the agency and clients, managing day-to-day affairs and ensuring the client is more than satisfied. You are passionate about advertising and marketing, and handle multiple projects with ease, from start to finish, earning the confidence of internal team members and clients alike. You’re innately curious about business, and have aknack for understanding and articulating strategy, objectives and results. You’re able to check your ego at the door and simply want to do great work with smart and talented people and grow in your career.
You will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree
- 3 – 5 years of marketing or advertising experience ideally in an agency environment (or similar) direct response experience is a BIG +
- An ability to deliver on deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategicand creative thinking. Able to understand and run client numbers to achieve their desired KPI
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with One Drive a +
- To be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy with the ability to take direction and work independently while simultaneously being a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be a Relationship builder with clients and internal teams alike
- To be a questioner, problem identifier and problem solver. You seek to streamline processes to achieve better and more efficient results. You always come to the table with both the problem and a suggestion for the solution.
- To be a resilient optimist and see beyond boundaries. Your go to question is “Why not?”
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a knowledge of each client’s business, including business model basics, key issues, and competitive landscape
- Encourage and inspire fresh, original thinking from the agency and collaborate with agency and client partners to do the same
- Be an active participant in client and internal meetings, able to clearly and concisely relay ideas
- Demonstrate direct response know-how including digital and traditional media
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to develop new test ideas
- Work with internal media buyers and clients to define requirements and steps for assigned projects
- Organize day-to-day workflow and account support functions
- Write contracts, monitor timelines and keep tabs on production budgets
- Work with creatives, buyers and other external vendor partners to develop concepts for projects and accounts
- Participate in budget planning and reconciliations, competitive monitoring, research/planning as needed
- Contribute to develop, edit, and polish event presentations, client decks, and new business proposals
- Able to travel to the SF bay area quarterly for internal face time and for a 1-2 week training period shortly upon hiring, as well as bi-annual (or more as necessary) meetings with our key clients in locations TBD and potentially more travel to trade shows
Full time position
Salary range $45-$60k commensurate with experience
“Please send resume and cover letters to: email@example.com with the subject line: JULY BDM AE APPLICANT”